Sunday, October 10, 2010

Coming Home!

Canada is a wonderful country.  I love it and every Canadian should feel a sense of pride and gratitude!  It's Thanksgiving weekend but I'm stepping on the plane to return to Tanzania, a different country, a new home.  There's no sense of regret or sadness but rather, as I view my residence permit, a sense of thanksgiving that I now have two home countries.  When I enter Canada, they stamp the passport "entry in to homeland" and when I enter Tanzania they also smile and say, "Oh you're a resident" and ask no more questions.It's a funny, good feeling, a feeling of pride and also a reminder of Philippians 3:20 "For our citizenship is on heaven from which we also eagerly wait for a Saviour."And I think of how it will be when we finally enter the final homeland.  If we feel a sense of pride here on earth, what will we feel when we pass the final entry point and realize we're home?? Think of it next time you put your feet up and say "It's so good to be home!"

No comments:

Post a Comment