Wednesday, November 24, 2010

When the Gift starts Giving

Jesus said, “Freely you have received, freely give.”  We must be able to come to the pace where we know and believe that everything we have comes from God.  This is truly the key to having an attitude of thanksgiving along with an attitude of giving.  When we really own nothing, then it is no trouble to give it away. And when we realize how much we have and that it comes from God’s hand of blessing, then we cannot help but praise Him more and more. 
I’ve been thinking much in these past few weeks about the sacrifice of Christ and how sufficient it was and how much freedom it brings us.  I was listening to the song by Vicky Beeching that says, “May I never lose the wonder, the wonder of the cross.”  The words of the verses are awesome and as I listened I felt such freedom. I felt so privileged that Jesus died so that we could live in total freedom and happiness.  He died so we could live this life in the way the Father intended, in relationship with Him, enjoying the gifts and blessings. I feel honoured that God has blessed us with choice, that He allows us the privilege to choose, asking only that we include Him in our decisions and desire to please Him.  When we have this attitude He then chooses to bless our decisions and be involved in our lives.  This is amazing to me.  This is the gift of true life.
Knowing He is so loving and giving, we begin to live for His glory and honor.  That’s when  all the gifts He has given us begin to flow over into the aspects of everyday life so that people can sense the happiness and joy He gives.  When we live in the attitude of appreciation, feeling the blessing of God, people will see Him in us.  I met a sister from Japan this past Sunday.  It was our first meeting and we could not communicate well but she touched my face and said, “You are happy.”  That’s what people need to see, they need to know we have hope in a hopeless, desperate world and we will have an answer for them when they want to know where it comes from. 
This gift of life and being trusted by God to live as His children is not meant for selfish gain.  It is meant to be given to the world who needs to see Him.  Jesus came to show the Father, He revealed Him freely to us, and just as freely we are to reveal Jesus to the world.  I want to have a genuine desire so that the decisions I make are most pleasing to my Saviour and that my appreciation to Him will gain His smile of approval and bring Him joy.  May the gifts I receive be a continual spring of giving.

No comments:

Post a Comment